Persons or groups wishing to host the 12th International Kimberlite Conference are invited to submit proposals to the International Kimberlite Conference Advisory Committee (IKCAC).
Notification of interest in submitting a proposal should be sent to the 11 IKC Secretariat (email@example.com) for the attention of Dr. Roger Mitchell, Chairman of IKCAC, by 15 August 2017.
All proposals should be submitted in writing and supported by a presentation from at least one of the potential convenors at a General Meeting of IKCAC to be held during the course of the 11th International Kimberlite Conference, probably on the afternoon of Wednesday 20 September 2017. IKCAC will consider all proposals during the conference.
Proposals should contain:
- Names of the Convenor(s),
- Potential committee members especially those responsible for major aspects of the conference (e.g. finance, field trips, technical programme and volumes),
- Preliminary budget and fund raising plan,
- Organisational timeline,
- Location of the conference and potential conference venue, and
- Potential field excursions.